Windows 8 is the latest operating system introduced by Microsoft. It is a brand new version with some cool features which were absent in the previous versions of Windows operating systems. The most important feature is the new touch friendly Start screen. It is also has a new installation process optimized for digital distribution. Even though it is highly automatic in its operation, it does not allow automatic installation of devices such as printer. You need to do it manually by following certain procedures.
Windows 8 Installation of a Printer
As I mentioned in the above paragraph, Windows 8 is the latest released operating system by Microsoft. It is the version which is coming out with some extravagant features embedded with sensor technology. Even though it is highly beneficial for a computer user, it does not undertake automatic installation of certain devices such as printers. You need to install the printer manually after getting it detected by your Windows 8 operating system. You need to follow some simple steps to install it.
Steps to Follow
In order to do a successful manual Windows 8 installation of a printer, you need to follow the steps as given below:
- First place your mouse over the Start button and click Search. If you are on Windows 8 Consumer Preview or higher, you need to move to the corner until you see a rectangle. You need to click the rectangle to open the Metro Screen.
- Then click “Apps” and search for Computer.
- Now right click on the Computer and click on the “Manage” button which is given at the bottom right corner of the screen.
- You can see a list of drivers along with their categories under your computer name. Then right click on your computer name and select add legacy hardware.
- You will be provided with a new pop up window. Then click “Next”.
- Now click on the “Install the hardware that I manually select from the list” option. Then click “Next”.
- Select the hardware type you want to install. Select Printers and click “Next”.
- Now choose the port type and leave everything else unchanged and click “Next”.
- Select the printer type and model from the list or you can click on “Have Disk” button if you are with a separate installation disk to install the printer.
- After the installation process, you will be provided a successful installation message.
This is all about installing printer in Windows 8. Try it out!Google+