Error 0xc0000225 is an installation problem that will prevent Windows from loading. The main reason behind this problem might be a recent change in hardware or software. But the good thing about this problem is that it can be easily resolved by running the repair utility of the installation disc. This is not possible if you have installed Windows 8 on a Virtual Box in which case enabling IO APIC will fix the issue. In this article you can find instructions for doing the same.
Instructions for resolving this problem
If you have installed Windows 8 on your computer and not on Oracle Virtual box, follow the instructions mentioned below for fixing Windows 8 installation problem with error code 0xc0000225.
- Start off by inserting the Windows 8 installation disk on your computer.
- Continue by booting your computer from CD/DVD. To do this you need to configure your boot preference options.
- Once you got the Windows 8 installer screen, select the language and hit the “Next” button.
- Click on the option labeled “Repair your computer” from the next screen.
- Wait for the repairing process to complete and the Windows 8 installation problem you are facing will be fixed.
If incase you don’t have the installation disc with you, contact system administrator or the computer manufacturer for further assistance.
Instructions for resolving this error in a Oracle VirtualBox installation
For resolving this error in a VirtualBox installation, you need to enable IO APIC on the VirtualBox where in you are trying to install Windows 8 or Windows 8 server. Follow the steps mentioned below for doing the same.
- Start off by opening your Oracle VirtualBox manager.
- Choose the VirtualBox where in you want to install Windows 8.
- Click on the option labeled “Settings” located at the top of the toolbar.
- Click on the option “System” which you can see on the left pane.
- Go to the tab titled “Motherboard” and mark the check box labeled “Enable IO APIC” located under the “Extended Features” section.
That’s all the information you will need to resolve installation problem with error code 0xc0000225 in Windows 8 operating system. Thanks for your time and have a good day.