SSDs normally won’t have the confusion and intense setup procedures. SSDs of modern day are much more reliable, all that a user is required to do is to change the SATA mode to AHCI in the BIOS/UEFI, install and you are done with it. Reinstalling your Windows 8 is highly recommended, instead of migrating or mirroring it from a HDD. Even though it consumes a bit more of your time, it will be worth in the end. This article contains information regarding the same.
Minimum system requirements for Windows 8
Mentioned below are the minimum system requirements that your computer should meet to run Windows 8 on it.
- A Processor having speeds up to 1 gigahertz or faster.
- RAM with minimum 1GB space in for 32-bit edition and 2 GB for 64-bit edition.
- At least 16GB of hard disk space for 32-bit edition and 20 GB for 64-bit edition.
- Graphics card which supports Microsoft DirectX 9 or higher.
- If you are to use Windows 8 on a tablet, it should support multi-touch.
- For accessing Windows application store to download and run applications, you are required to have an active Internet Connection and a screen resolution of at least 1024*768.
- For snapping applications, your screen should support a resolution of at least 1366*768.
Things to know before going ahead with Windows 8 installation
- The entire process of Windows 8 installation and optimization can take anywhere between 10 min to 3 hrs depending up on the speed of your computer.
- Windows can take up to 7-15 GB of memory.
- Make sure that you have backed up all the data which are important to you as all the data on your OS drive will be deleted.
- Also ensure that you have all the required drivers for your motherboard and other hardware devices.
- Programs installed in your previous installation drive will not be available on a new installation; you have to install them again even if installed on a different drive.
- Keep in mind that there is a possibility of you encountering issues regarding compatibility, so do be aware about that.
That’s all with the information regarding Windows 8 installation for SSDs and HDDs. Ciao!Google+