As you already know, Windows 8 happens to be the upcoming release in the Microsoft Windows line. This constitutes a series of operating systems produced by Microsoft to be used on personal computers which includes home and business desktops, laptops, net books, tablet PCs, as well as media center PCS.
It is widely observed that adding printers in Windows 8, particularly, a network printer is not done automatically, as a result of which, you are required to carry out the Windows 8 installation of the printer manually, once it is detected by your new OS. What you need to do is given below.
Instructions to Install a Regular Printer in Windows 8
- Commence these instructions by hovering your mouse over the Start button. Click Search.
- You need to click Apps.
- Search for Computer.
- After which you need to right-click on Computer and click on Manager which is at the bottom right corner of the screen.
- Move over to the right pane. You will see a list of drivers that are associated with their categories beneath your computer name. Right-click on your computer name. Select add legacy hardware.
- A new popup window appears. Click Next.
- You have to select the second option. Install the hardware which you manually select from the list and press Next. Now
choose the kind of hardware that you wish to add. Select printers and click Next.
- You may select the printer from the list by opting for the printer name and its model on left and the right panes respectively, or even click on the Have Disk button in case you have a separate installation disk to install the new printer.
- Once the installation is complete, you will be prompted to share or not share the installed printer. Select do not share this printer.
- You will be given one last message. You may choose to print a test page or click Finish. That’s it. You have now successfully installed a regular printer in Windows 8.
With that, this tutorial on installing a regular printer is complete. Do not hesitate to contact the Windows 8 help center if you need further technical support. Also visit the corresponding website in case the information given in this article does not suffice.