Since the developer preview of Windows 8 is available to download, you might want to install and try it out. You will also have the option to upgrade your current Windows OS to Windows 8 developer preview. In this article, you will find the Windows 8 installation procedure to upgrade your Windows 7, Vista or XP to Windows 8 developer preview.
Windows 8 installation for upgrading your OS
Mentioned below are the Windows 8 installation guidelines which will guide you in the process of upgrading your Windows operating system to Windows 8 developer preview. Before going ahead with the Windows 8 installation procedure, make sure that you have downloaded the developer preview and burned it in a bootable CD/DVD.
1. Initiate this Windows 8 installation procedure by opening the Windows 8 developer preview CD/DVD.
3. Continue with this Windows 8 installation procedure by clicking on the option labeled “Go online to install updates now”. Then click “Next”.
4. Once the process is complete, mark the check box which says “I agree to the license agreement” and click “Accept”.
5. Then select “What you would like to keep in Windows 8 developer preview from your Windows 7, Vista, XP and hit the “Next”.
6. Now Windows will scan for compatibility issues, check whether you need do anything else to run Windows 8 developer preview in your PC.
7. If things are okay now, go ahead with this Windows 8 installation procedure by clicking the “Install button”. This will install the developer preview on your computer. During the process your PC will restart a few times.
8. Once finished, click on “Use express setting” or “Customize”
9. Finally end this Windows 8 installation procedure is to click on the option “Skip”.
Once you have successfully followed the above mentioned Windows 8 installation instructions then you will be greeted with the welcome screen of Windows 8 developer preview.